What beautiful snow we woke up to on Sunday...
Haven't seen much of it this winter, it's been unseasonably warm here.
And as of today has all melted away with a high of 62 expected.
Haven't seen much of it this winter, it's been unseasonably warm here.
And as of today has all melted away with a high of 62 expected.
What is really great on a cold snowy day?
Chili...yummy!
And I made chicken chili, which we loved.
And I love that it's easy and a crock pot meal. :)
Chili...yummy!
And I made chicken chili, which we loved.
And I love that it's easy and a crock pot meal. :)
Here's what I used...(you can change it up if you'd like)
1 can pinto beans. (I didn't have black or kidney, so pinto worked just fine. :)
1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
1 can diced tomatoes reg. (I actually used a pint jar of my canned tomatoes.)
1 small package frozen corn
3 chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning
1/2 package chili seasoning
1 tsp. cumin
1 onion chopped
Salt and pepper
Place everything in crock pot, drain pinto beans. Put chicken breasts on top of chili mix. Cook on high for 4-6 hrs. Until chicken is done. Take chicken out and shred, then mix in with chili.
I place the chili over rice, and then top with cheddar cheese and some sour cream.
YUMMY!!
Enjoy,
Our Thrifty Nest of 7
This looks delicious! We are going into winter, so I'll have to give it a try as the days cool down! I always love crock pot meals for those days when I'm going to be in town later.
ReplyDeleteThe snow picture is lovely ~ looks like a fairytale ( we don't get snow here :( )
Have a wonderful day
Blessings
Renata:)
Kris, This looks delicious! I just pinned it! Your snow picture looks like something out of a magazine... how beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete