School started back, and then football practice did as well. This week has been spent getting back in the routine of things. Not many projects going on here, but lots going on with volunteering.
I did take about an hour today to myself, and made a tablerunner out of vintage cloth sacks. I paid $5.00 for each sack, and used one to make a slipcover for a chair I got free.
It turned out really well.
And can also be used in different places around my house.
Here's what it looks like without my centerpiece on top. :)
I just made a simple gathered skirt for the bottoms. Was even able to use the opening pieces of the bag for the bottom, so I didn't have to resew a hem. I liked the thick thread and vintage look of it.
For $5.00 and a vintage look...I'm loving it!
For the love of Faith, Family, and the Home,
Thrifty momma
I'm linking up to these fabulous blogs...









That is simply darling!
ReplyDeleteLorena
Very clever. This looks great on your table.
ReplyDeleteCute runner. Thanks for sharing at WOW.
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies for stopping by, and leaving such sweet comments! :)
ReplyDelete