I made my first slipcover this weekend. :)
Can't say it's the best, but I'm happy with it.
I found the chair on freecycle, so it was...you guessed it...FREE!
I still want to repaint it a bright white.
I however won't be doing any spray painting until after baby #5 arrives. ;)
I bought these vintage sacks at a local antique store. They were $5.00 a piece, which I thought was very reasonable. The one I didn't use I plan on making a table runner out of.
I started out by marking the top of the seat, and then cutting. This is what I used to attached the skirted sides to.
I originally had wanted the sides to be gathered and ruffled, but because of my being a first timer...haha! I didn't measure right for this. I'm still pleased with it!
I love the top...our last name starts with an A. :)
Once I put some fresh paint on the chair...I'll love it!
The slipcover was fun to do, and I look forward to making the table runner out of the other vintage sack.
The whole project cost me the $5.00 for the vintage sack... :) Love deals like that!
For the love of Faith, Family, and the Home,
Thrifty momma
Linking up with these fabulous blogs... (sometimes the blog button is only showing up as Photobucket, please click on the it if your looking for your button...)













Now isn't that just happy making! Fun little projects to make us smile, brighten our days and bring out a home's personality. Great job.
ReplyDeleteYou did a fantastic job for your first time. I would for sure botch that up. Thanks for sharing at the newbie party.
ReplyDeletei have a chair i have been wanting to slipcover for a year now. i have never done it but now i am willing to try! great job! i found you at debbies newbie party. stop by and say hi!
ReplyDeleteA great idea and a wonderful job on it! I need to do that on a chair I just painted cottage white!
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely...I have a few of those sacks waiting for a project :) Laurel@chipping withcharm
ReplyDeleteYour slipcovers turned out very nice! I love the print on the seat. Great job. Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
ReplyDeleteSherry
That looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday!
ReplyDelete{xo}
Jami