8/08/2011

Our Entry

It's a party... a linky party to show off our entryways.

Cottage and Vine is hosting...so go get your party on!  ;)

Our home, obviously has a front door...
but not so much a foyer, or definite entryway.  When you open our front door you pretty much step right into our living room.


If you look up this is the view you see...



And look to the left this is your view...


Still standing at our front door.  Our floor plan is very very open.
Can you tell? ;)



See what I mean by open.  This is your view to the front door from our kitchen.
Please keep in mind that my husband and I have built our home ourselves.  We still have much to finish...like baseboards, board and batten, trim work, crown molding...and the list goes on, and on!!  haha!
Also, we will one day replace the front door with a prettier one. ;)

Here is the ledge and bench my husband built me that... I LOVE!



I hope you enjoyed the little tour of our somewhat entryway. :)

For the love of Faith, Family, and Home,
Thrifty momma

I'm linking up to this fabulous party...
http://cottageandvine.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. i'm visiting from C&V today - and i had to tell you we have the same ledge/shelf right inside the front door! So cool - even better that our husbands both built them LOL. Love your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping over for a visit, and the sweet comment!! Very cool about the ledge. I checked out your post, and smiled when I saw it.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from Cottage & Vine! What a great open space! I bet it's perfect for your family! I also have a front door that opens right into the living room and I also have a builder husband, so I know what you mean about random things being unfinished.... :) It really is true that the mechanic's car is always broken down, the plumber's faucets always leak and the builders home is never finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so right, Katie! :) I've learned many lessons with literally building our own home, and am very thankful for each one of them.

    Thanks for visiting and commenting!!
    Peace and Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may not have an official entry way but you created one with the bench and ledge. Looks great! I love your staircase and the railing upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling of not having an official entry, but you have that nice open floor plan - something I would love.

    Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and a fun eclectic mix. Nicely done.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home looks so welcoming and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting sweet ladies, and the lovely comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the open feel of your home - it is so welcoming...and that you have built it yourselves says so much..great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually found you website on the Good Morning Girls message board. I love how you have decorated your home! We have been in a similar style home for a year now and I still have many bare areas screaming for decoration but I've been at a loss....you have given me a lot of ideas and inspiration. Thx!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We love reading each and everyone of them.
Blessings.