Below is a pic of the house when we first moved in...
As you can see by the date it was taken a year ago today. :)
When we first moved in I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go with some of my decorating choices...
So I went to My Design Guide...
They were so great and gave me a free mini room consult.
They were so great and gave me a free mini room consult.
Here is our living room today...
BIG difference in year.
We still need to: finish trim under ledge upstairs.
my goal is to have board and batten all down here and up the stairs.
I'm also planning on making the columns more like columns, by putting crown molding on them and trimming them out, then painting them all white.
What we did do from My Design consult was a gallery wall under the stairs, and a dresser as well.
This lovely dresser came from...where else...Craigslist.
We bought the whole bedroom suit for $75. There's other piece's waiting to be finished to go in our daughter's room. :)
We bought the whole bedroom suit for $75. There's other piece's waiting to be finished to go in our daughter's room. :)
As you can image when we bought it, it was dark brown, with BRASS hardware.
I decided to paint the dresser all one color due to how busy the design is. Also the hardware is attached with two screws that sit up and down...not across. (if that makes sense)
So to save myself time, I just spray painted the whole thing. :)
I used a deglosser first, to take off the shine. Then used Krylon's khaki gloss spray paint.
I decided to paint the dresser all one color due to how busy the design is. Also the hardware is attached with two screws that sit up and down...not across. (if that makes sense)
So to save myself time, I just spray painted the whole thing. :)
I used a deglosser first, to take off the shine. Then used Krylon's khaki gloss spray paint.
It turned out so nice, and is excellent storage! :)
We also love having family photos displayed, and other items I enjoy.
For the love of Faith, Family, and Home,
Thrifty Momma









It all looks great! I love Craigslist!
ReplyDeleteBethany
Your living room is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great spot for your lovely dresser and gallery wall. I'm sure you enjoy having all that extra storage.
ReplyDelete