7/21/2011

15 freezer meals.

I began my freezer meal cooking...
I ended up with 15 homemade freezer meals. It's a wonderful feeling to have those ready for my family!

This is the meatloaf, and meatball mixture.  We love it!  It made 4 meatloaf's , and 2 meatball meals.
A few tips that make this cooking day easier...

1. Start with an empty trash bag.  You'll be throwing away cans, and scraps from cutting onions, peppers, etc.
2.  Have one sink basin full of warm soapy water.  Helps to rinse hands off, and or a quick wash of mixing utensils.
3.  Keep a dishtowel on your shoulder for easy drying of hands, and utensils.   And have an apron on if you have one.


Three of my meatloaf's cooking...The fourth I kept in the fridge, and we had for supper. :)
This is the chicken supreme casserole mix, and south of the boarder chicken waiting for the chicken. ;)
Meatballs ready for the oven.  I half these for two meals.  While I formed the meatballs I already had the chicken boiling, and the sauce going for ziti and lasagna.
Sauce mix which made baked ziti and lazy lasagna.
Two chicken supreme casserole's ready to be covered, marked, and place in freezer
I made 2 lazy lasagna's. :)
2 baked ziti's.
3 south of the boarder chickens.
Ready for the freezer... :)
My over all time, not including kitchen clean up was...2 1/2 hrs. (with a few interruptions. :) )

I'm hoping next week to try some different recipes, and continue this on a weekly basis.  This way I should hopefully have a nice supply come Dec. for the arrival of baby.

For the love of Faith, Family, and Home,
Thrifty Momma

I'm linking up with these fabulous blogs...

6 comments:

  1. Wow - 15 meals in 2 1/2 hrs.! That's great! I've been wanting to do some freezer meals. Maybe I'll have to find that book that you recommended. Or maybe you could share some more tips! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dinners look wonderful! You're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good works! Gotta love the health/energy of the second trimester!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am impressed with all you have done AND pregnant AND with 4 other children! I only have 2 and couldn't imagine doing all that you did! Thanks for motivating me. Blessings to you and your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I came over from Women Living Well...I'm due with our first in November, and I'm definitely the cook in our family, though I've never done freezer meals. I'll be looking around, but if they aren't already posted, would you be willing to share the recipes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for visiting and commenting...I use a book called " Frozen Assets: Cook for a day eat for a month." by Deborah Taylor-Hough

    I ordered off Amazon and only paid like $2. I love the recipes, love that she gives you the shopping list, and the instructions for the day.

    I got started though by finding the book at our library.

    Come back and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We love reading each and everyone of them.
Blessings.