Our oldest son will turn 14 in June...
WOW, where does the time go?
He's growing into such a wonderful young man with a heart for the Lord!
Our prayer is that the Lord keep and bless him. For him to continue to grow in grace and stand firm in his faith in Jesus Christ, and to have a servants heart...
My two tough guys...
Won't be to much longer and he'll be taller than his dad... :(
He was ready for dear mom to start making his room a little more teenager...
Masculine...
I started by painting the walls a dark gray.
The paint color is Almost Charcoal by Valspar...Lowe's brand.
I'm so glad I went darker, it looks so grown up.
My husband plans on building a shelving unit over his bed.
It'll be stained really dark, almost black.
(temporary arrangement :) )
Our son has a queen bed, so it'll be wide and the two side shelves won't be real tall. The ceiling start to slant along with this wall, but it's the only wall large enough to build it on.
We'll also have two shelves in the middle.
I plan on painting chalkboard paint under the second shelf above the bed. :)
At our local antique shop I found a couple of old locker bins, and neat street signs to use.
( Inspiration picture for the shelving unit...)
We still need to put the baseboards on, and find some curtains.
More little things to finish up...
It's coming along, and he LOVES the new color. :)
Stay tuned to for the reveal...
Have a wonderful week.
For the love of faith, family, and the home,
Our Thrifty Nest of 7

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We love reading each and everyone of them.
Blessings.