7/16/2011

Frozen meal planning


I read this book several years ago, and LOVED it!!
Back then we only had three children , but still a tight grocery budget.
While at the library I picked up this book looking for new recipes, and enjoyed reading it.
I did follow the cook for a day eat for a month method for almost 7 months.  During that time supper time was so wonderful.  No hassle on what to make, no strife, no planning, no prep time, it was STRESS free.
It also saved us on grocery bills, and from just running out to get something.

Then we made a move, and things became different...

Now we hope to be where we plan on staying...and it's time to start this system again.
We've added another child, and another is due soon.  I have an almost teenage son, and three other ones who obviously love to eat. :)

So, I checked this book out again, but have plans on purchasing my own.
Yes, it's that great!  I love the recipes, (my family will eat them)...
The grocery lists are already made up for you, the day of cooking is already planned out for you, it's so SIMPLE...
And I can tell you from experience the peace that comes with all those meals is wonderful.

To get myself back in the swing of things, I'm going to just start with the two week plan...
I hope to work my way to a month, and the beauty is you don't have to have a separate freezer.
In the book it teaches you how to just use your small freezer. :) 

Well I'm off to make my list, and go grocery shopping this afternoon.  Monday, I hope will be cooking day.  I'll be sure to keep posting on my experience...

For the love of Faith, Family, and Home,
Thrifty Momma

2 comments:

  1. We plan to put as much in the freezer as we can before #6 comes. I will look for this book at the library. Too bad you aren't my neighbor. We could be cooking buddies ; )

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be big preggo cooking buddies w/ you, Bethany! :) Umm, wonder which of us will go first, seeing how I think we both have the same due date. haha!

    Blessings friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We love reading each and everyone of them.
Blessings.